6.08.2011

Swimming!

We took Erin swimming for the first time this weekend. She doesn't particularly like baths, and we didn't know what she would think of the water. I think the next picture sums up the day pretty well...lots of smiles from us, lots of screams from Erin.
I'll admit - it was nearly an all-day affair. I left in the morning to go buy baby sunscreen, adult sunscreen and a float for Erin, all to add to her swimsuit, hat, and swim diapers that we already had at home. When I got home, we started with the sunscreen and diaper...
...added her very cute swimsuit and sunglasses, and off we went!
Here she is right when we put her in the water...
It seems like she's just saying, "Guys, why am I doing this?? I don't like it." She did settle down eventually, but we never saw a smile while she was in the water. 
Sweet pic with her daddy...
And a fun family picture to end the day.
I hope she wasn't too traumatized by the whole experience. We think that by the end of the summer, she'll be loving the water as much as us!  

1 comment:

  1. Cute! I love that! I've just held Lil the only time we've been in the water, but I might look for a float. Thanks, Erin! By the way, I'm excited to know about your blogs!! I love reading them!

    ReplyDelete