6.21.2011

4 Months!


Dear Erin,
You turned 4 months old last Saturday - 4 WHOLE MONTHS! I can't believe it. Sometimes I catch myself thinking, "How could life be sweeter than today?" And then the next day is even better. You are such a sweet gift from the Lord to your dad and me, and we continually thank God for you. 

You have been busy this month. You got more shots this month, and you were so brave. While you did let the entire pediatrician's office know that you were not happy to get poked, you calmed down so much faster than the last time you got shots. You are growing strong and healthy, and I pray that your heart is growing closer to the Lord every day. Sometimes I read the Bible to you in the mornings, and it's easy to wonder if it's worth it. But I'm hoping to start the practice of it now, so that when you can understand what we're reading, it will already be a habit. And I'm confident that God's Word will make a difference in your life. (Isa 55:10-11, Heb 4:12)

Your dad and I marvel at the way you learn new things every day. It is so evident that Someone else is teaching you because I'm not the one who showed you how to grab your toes, or suck on your fingers to give you comfort when your binky can't be found, or start to make sounds when you hear other people talking, or smile when you see someone else smile, or cough or drool or all the other things you do that amaze me.

We celebrated your 4 month birthday in an EXTRA special way - Grandma, Grandpa, Aunt Bethany and your cousin, Jesse, all came to see you! We had such a fun time with all of them - you are dearly loved, Miss Erin Grainne, and it's such a joy to be your momma.

Here's more of you at 4 months.
We took everybody to the Arboretum, where you took pics with Grandma and Grandpa...
 ...your Aunt B...
...your cousin, Jesse...
...and by yourself.
We took this a few weeks ago when we went with Mom...
...and I got one of Jesse in the same spot. You're going to have be quick in order to keep up with him! He moves so fast, I was excited to get a couple good pictures of him all weekend!
 Later we met my mom and dad for lunch, and continued the celebration.
One of my favorite things about this month is to watch you smile, Erin. We learned that you love to smile at Grandma Nancy...
...your Aunt B...
...and of course, your daddy.
 Grandma Nancy brought you a special treat - one of your aunt Bethany's dresses from when she was your age. You are named for Bethany, and we love that you have blue eyes just like her. When we were in Oklahoma in April, I saw Bethany's 3 month pictures in this dress, and I couldn't believe how much you favor her. We had a fun time taking some pictures of you in the same dress. What an amazing heritage of women you have in your life, Erin!
I got a good picture of daddy with Jesse (Jesse's daddy couldn't come because of work - we missed you, Scott!)
Here's 2 of my favorites of you this month...
We love you, Miss Erin. Happy 4 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment