6.21.2011

Dates for Everyone

Something I appreciate about Adam is how he has continued to date me, even after we got married. His pursuit of me hasn't stopped, and that makes me feel so cherished and honored as his wife. He has done a great job of planning dates for us since Erin was born...which is a bit more complicated now because we have to find someone to watch our sweet Peanut. Even before we got married, we both said that we always wanted to prioritize time with each other, putting our marriage as our most important relationship, except for each of our relationships with Christ. 

We've had so many fun dates since we met, and one of my favorite ones was the first time Adam took me golfing with him. Adam loves to golf, and he's really good. I recently asked him how often he played when he was single and he said, "Oh, a lot. Probably a couple times a week if I could."  I know that he has been intentional in not playing as often since we started dating and got married so that he can spend more time at home with us. This makes me feel SO loved, and I'm excited for him when he does go play with friends. 

But I love how Adam has invited to me to join him playing golf, too - I hope that it's always something we can do together to continue to develop our friendship. He never complains that I go slower, hit more balls into the water, and sometimes need help carrying my clubs. He is encouraging to me when all I want to do is cuss and quit after shooting a 10+ on one hole, and models a healthy, competitive attitude. I love getting to go play with him.

We hadn't golfed since Erin was born, so when some sweet friends offered to watch her so we could go on a date, we spent the evening playing nine holes. Here are some pics...
We left Erin with her friend Mr. Tribb (see more pics on Tribb's mom's blog, here)
 We headed to the golf course...
...where Adam dominated with perfect form.
And finished the evening with In-n-Out burgers, fries and shakes. Delicious!
I can't wait to go out on a date with my husband again. Thanks, Thomas', for watching Erin! She loved hanging out with all of you!

1 comment:

  1. so glad you all had fun b/c we had fun too! We've loved getting to know you both

    ReplyDelete