6.03.2011

Bows

I'm not much of a bow person myself, and so I didnt expect to put many bows on my baby girl. But then the sweet nurses at BUMC put our little Peanut in the most precious hat I'd ever seen. 
As Erin has grown, her hair has not.And I learned an important rule about identifying babies as boys or girls. No longer does pink = girl and blue = boy. It seems instead that bald+any color of clothes/car seat/blanket = boy. But, I didn't go out and buy any bows - instead I would awkardly correct folks who assume she's a boy. It really doesn't bother me, but it does make for some awkward interactions.

But on our trip to OK, we needed some help. I had dressed Erin in the cutest little OSU tshirt and jeans for our first family 5K, a Memorial Run on OSU's campus in Stillwater. Erin looked adorable...but I'll admit it was hard to tell she was a she. Aunt Yvette to the rescue - the result? See below:
I mean, cute, right? I was hooked on the idea of bows, but wasn't sure where to look. Aunt Noni saved the day this time and took me to a local shop in Enid where she promptly chose the biggest, brightest, feathery bow to bedazzle her niece. Awesome...who wouldn't love a bow the size of her head??
But unfortunately, we had to leave my stylish sisters-in-law in OK. Since our trip, I had tried to put a bow on Erin maybe three times. We ran into some problems...
#1: I bought 3 bows in colors I like...brown, black and peach. 90% of E's wardrobe right now is pink. Hmmm.
#2: Dallas+May=hot, hot, hot. The headbands that the bows attach to were a little sweaty on her head.
#3: I am not very accessory-conscious, and would simply forego any bow attchment beacuse it was too much trouble.

So I tried again today because she does have a cute little brown dress for the summer, and we were heading out for a walk with our friend, Mandi. Erin didn't fight the bow at all, and she did look pretty cute. I put her in her swing when we came home, hoping she'd fall asleep, but the light was so bright in our living room she wasn't having any of that. I went to the kitchen for a few minutes, and while I was gone, she stopped fussing and fell asleep.

When I came back over, I realized another benefit of this whole bow/headband craze.
Don't worry...I moved it up off her eyes after I took the picture. ;)

Anybody know where to find some cute bows for a bald little baby girl?

3 comments:

  1. try here...
    http://www.amazon.com/Madeline-Baby-Flower-Headband-Light/dp/B001HV4A6G/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1307162527&sr=8-5

    ReplyDelete
  2. or this...
    http://www.amazon.com/My-Little-Headbands-assortment-toddlers/dp/B004S00FUS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=beauty&qid=1307162665&sr=1-1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, I found your blog!! Love all the pictures of Erin - she is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete