12.29.2011

10 Months {again}

Good news. The 2nd time I took Erin's 10 month pictures, they turned out so much better. Sadly, she wasn't in her beautiful Christmas dress, but she looks like such a big kid I can hardly stand it. I think one reason they turned out so well is that I enlisted the help of her Memaw and Pawpa {Adam's parents and our current hosts} to make her smile and smile she did! 
Here's some pictures, with a little note to our Peanut...

Dear Erin,
What a BIG month you've had. You don't really know it yet, but this month you moved, for the first time in your life! I didn't move until I went to college, so you're already ahead of me. But apart from messing up your sleep some {a LOT} at night, you haven't skipped a beat. You are learning new things every. single. day. I LOVE watching the Lord teach you...because I know it isn't me. 


A big change in your world this month has been how proficient you've become at pulling up and walking along things you can reach. You pull up to everything, and you are growing increasingly frustrated with how limited your physical capabilities are. I decided to try to show off some of your awesome skills in your {2nd set of} 10 month pictures.

 I love the look on your face in this picture! You think it is such a big deal when you accomplish something you've been working on, and it is precious. You remind me that there are a lot of things to get excited about.

Speaking of getting excited...
 ...you have also started clapping this month, which is hilarious. You clap when anyone else starts clapping or laughing...and you've even been known to clap after you let out a big burp or a big toot. I don't know how you learned this, but I love it. You seem to really enjoy people, Erin, and I pray that God uses that natural enjoyment of people you have to further His kindgom.


I think that my favorite new trick you've learned this month is putting your hands on top of your head. Sometimes you'll do it when I ask, "Where's your head?" More often, you'll do it when someone else does it, and then you kind of bend forward like you're doing a situp. I know you didn't learn this from watching me do situps because I don't think you've ever seen that. But it is SO FUNNY. Your little arms are so short they don't even reach the top of your head.
You keep getting teeth...here you are showing them off. 
You still make the funniest faces, which you've been doing since you were born. {See here for proof.} I got some good ones...these pictures make me laugh! You are so much fun, Erin!
 I keep thinking that each month is the best one that has ever been. You are so much fun to be with, and you love to laugh and smile and explore new things. You have been a great buddy for me as we explore our new home. I love that the Lord chose me to be your momma.

We love you, Peanut, and are grateful to the Lord for entrusting you to our care for this time. I pray that I will depend on Him to raise you.
Love,
Momma and Daddy

A few more of my favorites...


 

1 comment:

  1. These photos are AWESOME!! I love the sit up comment... I was impressed for a moment that she may have learned it from you and then laughed when you said she'd never seen you do that. ;)

    ReplyDelete