7.31.2011

The Flowers of the Field

My awesome husband came home from work on Friday with these in his hands - beautiful gerber daisies! They are some of my favorite flowers, and I love that he knows that about me. 

When I asked what the occasion was, he replied with the best answer I could have heard. I have been struggling with anxiety the last few days, and he wanted me to remember Matthew 6:25-34. These verses talk about how the flowers of the field don't do anything, and God takes care of them.

I am so thankful that Adam knows me, knows God's word, and knows how to point me back to that when I'm having a hard time believing it for myself.

2 comments:

  1. leigh! i so needed this verse today, as i have also been experiencing a lot of anxiety lately. so please thank adam for the lovely reminder. and in answer to your "tuesday" post - i read faithfully! i feel like i already know erin, even though i haven't met her, and it makes me so happy to see little glimpses into your life. so thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Sarah! I love hearing from you...I can't wait for our babies to meet one day!

    ReplyDelete