7.15.2011

5 Months...or is it 7?

Surely there is a point when a new mom is unable to blame her forgetfulness and scatterbrained-ness and lateness on the fact that she is a new mom...but I don't think I'm there yet. Or, maybe I am, and I'm just all those things on my own. 

Erin turned 5 months old on Monday, 7.11. (I hope everyone enjoyed their free slurpee on that day...did you know that you can get a free slurpee from 7-11 every July 11th? What a deal!) We had a very fun afternoon, and got to hang out with 4 kids who are so special to me. I used to see them almost every day when I had the privilege of helping take care of them. They were 5, 3, and 1 when I met them...now they are 10, 8, 6 and 3...yes, one more was added to the clan. Watching them grow has given me a glimpse of what it will be like to watch Erin grow through the years...unbelievable and sweet all at the same time. I have turned into that woman who always has to make a comment about how much a child has grown...but it's really true! I see that already with Erin, and how quickly she's changing and growing. While it's so fun to watch as she learns new things daily, there's still something bittersweet about the fact that she'll never be so little again. 

These kiddos know me as Miss Leigh (or Miss Wee), and I love that they call our little girl Baby Erin. As soon as we got there on Monday, every one wanted to hold Baby Erin, play with her, or try to help me get her to sleep. They were all so sweet to her, and Erin loved being entertained by more than just me. When all the kids were having some quiet time, I took Erin's 5 month pictures. Here are the first ones I took...notice anything wrong?
If you figured out what was wrong, then you're ahead of me! It wasn't until I had enlisted the help of Avery and Gage to get her to smile that Avery said, "Miss Leigh? I thought you said it was her 5 month birthday today..."

Good point. 

After a quick adjustment, here are some more pics...
She's not sitting up on her own yet, but she's getting close!
Her eyes are still as blue as ever...
Of course we had to get one with the helpers...

And if you have a sibling you understand that fairness requires that everyone gets a turn. :)
I didn't get a picture with 2 of the kids this week with Erin, but couldn't leave them out! These 2 are from when Erin was just a few weeks old.
It's hard for me to believe I met this little one when she was just a newborn, and now she's holding our baby girl!
We love you, Baby Erin! The last month has gone by so fast...lots more pictures and thoughts to come. Adam and I continually thank the Lord for her, and can't wait to see what the next month will bring.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment