11.14.2011

9 Months + a few days

Dear Erin,
You are 9 months old! We had a fun time celebrating with a 3 day weekend with Dad at home on Friday. You are SO MUCH FUN, Erin. Your dad and I have told each other that you seem to be learning new things every day. You scoot like crazy and don't let it slow you down that you don't crawl on your knees yet - you've perfected the army crawl with your cute little arms. 

Along with your awesome crawling skills, you've started some really funny habits. You talk A LOT...I can't wait to hear what you have to say. You've learned how to make a ton of new sounds that are so fun! You do the sweetest thing when you're trying hard to figure something out...you stick your tongue out just barely. I caught a little picture of it here.
We tried to take your 9 month pictures showcasing your awesome sitting skills, but we quickly learned that you are far too curious for us to expect you to not be interested in grabbing/eating/tasting/scooting to anything in your eyesight.
So, we decided to just find ways to sneak the card into any picture we took of you. That worked better. 

Life has been busy this month for our family as we prepare to move to Oklahoma...you won't remember these first 9 months in Texas, sweet girl, but I look forward to telling you about it one day, and especially all the ways that the Lord has provided for our family. 
You had a fun month...we went to Stillwater for your first OSU homecoming. It's heralded as the biggest and best in the land, and you were very impressed. Here you are watching the football players walk in on Daddy's shoulders. I don't know how much of the Walk you saw over his head, but I love how you're holding on tight!
 We got to see both of your cousins...I guess the hair gene comes from the non-Sandwick side. There's nothing better than pictures in pajamas!
My, my...that's a lot of orange and black. I wonder if there will be any other Texas Aggies in Enid? 
You also had the fun of celebrating your first Halloween. We dressed you up as SuperBaby. I was tempted to take you trick or treating, but I figured everyone would know the candy would be for me. You looked SO cute in your costume, completed by a cape sewn with love by your Honey. 
 When Daddy got home, we took you out for some pictures...look how much you love to fly!
I also took you to Lubbock this month to see your great-grandad. We went with my parents, and they LOVED being with you - and you loved being with them, too! I have so many memories of trips to Lubbock over my life, and I loved getting to share that with you. You were a champion traveler, and you were in such a good mood for most of the trip. I got some sweet pictures of you with GB.
This is you in front of GB's workshop. I have tons of memories of looking around in there, in awe at his woodcarving skill. He's too humble about his art, and the things he has carved are so meaningful to all of us.
But the best parts of the month were just the normal, everyday things that we get to do with you. Listening to your sweet babble, giving you a bath, watching your crawling skills advance daily...your dad and I are crazy about you, sweet girl, and we continually thank God for you. 

I think this is my favorite picture of the month...of my two favorites. We love you, Miss Erin! 

No comments:

Post a Comment