4.04.2011

365 days

365 days ago, I married the man of my dreams.

We wrote in our vows, "No matter what may lie ahead, I pledge to you my life as a loving and faithful wife/husband, as long as God gives us life on this earth."

365 days ago was the best day of my life. 


For 365 days, I have had the privilege of being Adam's wife, being led by him, being loved by him, and learning from him. 

















For 365 days, we have laughed and cried a lot together. 

Day 1...I became Mrs. Adam Sandwick in front of friends and family.








Day 7...We jumped off a (small) cliff together. It was a great picture to me of jumping into marriage. We were both "all in."













Day 10...The first time we heard hard news together, as a couple.
Day 52...The biggest and best surprise of our lives...we found out that God had blessed us with a little baby.
Day 88...The day we saw our little Peanut for the first time. I couldn't hold back the tears of joy when the doctor showed us her heartbeat, and our baby was growing perfectly.
Day 142...My heart broke when the doctors said my dad had cancer.
Day 143...We learned our little Peanut was a bit stubborn, and didn't want us to know yet if she was a he or a she.
Day 163...Adam rocked his first Olympic distance triathlon in Washington, DC. We started training together to support our friends the Holmes and 2 of our cousins to raise money for cancer research...











 

...we finished training with me on the sideline and with a new hero to train on behalf of. 


















Day 171...Peanut cooperated this time and we learned she was a girl! 

 











Days 189-195...We celebrated 6 months of marriage with a Babymoon to the Northwest, and I learned again how fun my husband is to be with. We both did things we wouldn't have done alone, like using vacation money to see a new musical...

 









   



...or riding across huge bridges on bicycles.





 












Day 201...30 days before my 30th birthday, Adam surprised me with a poem he had written, and the news that I would get one each day about one thing he loved about me until I turned 30. 
Day 237...We celebrated how much we had to be thankful for together.
Day 267...Our first Christmas together at home - a favorite memory for both of us.


















Day 304...Peanut was due to arrive, but the day passed with nothing but freezing rain in Dallas and the continued debate about what her name would be.
Day 312...After a night of contractions, we were sure this would be the day!
Day 313...After another night of contractions, we hoped this would be the day!
Day 314...Peanut made her debut at 6:37am.

Days 315-->...Our hearts melt every time she smiles. We get to watch each other become parents.
Day 364...We celebrated a year with delicious dinner, an intense mini golf competition, eating "the top of our wedding cake" at Pinkberry, and buying each other paper gifts at the bookstore. What a year...
Day 365...Year 2 begins. I cannot wait.

I love you, Adam. My life is sweeter, richer, deeper, and more with you in it. I am closer to Jesus because of marrying you.

No comments:

Post a Comment